Hello!

micstarz

Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong
Display Name
Michael
Hi to everyone at Caudata!
I am new to this forum. I have only been keeping Caudates for around three weeks, but I am definitely hooked on them already!
I have:
Pachytriton Labiatus and Paramesotriton Chinensis/Hongkongensis (not sure which)

I live in Hong Kong (Asia). Many of you may know about the famous Aquarium Street here, but Amphibian keeping still isn't very popular. The only species I can find in Kong Kong are P. Labiatus, P. Chinensis, P. Hongkongensis and Cynops Orientalis. Occaisonally, Axolotls, Mud puppies, Congo eels and Tiger salamanders do pop up, but they cost quite a small fortune.

To elevate my problems trying to find different species of caudates, my knowledge of scientific names are limited to paramesotriton and pachytriton. Since I only know the english common names of the animals I am searching for, trying to express what I want to the shopkeepers at the LFS' is quite hard. The fact that I look like a local but I don't read Cantonese never helps. Also, being a 14 year old boy means no one takes you seriously.

Hi Michael,

Welcome to the forum!

Caudates are very addictive. ;)

Cheers Jacq.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back