Using Kimchi Refrigerator for Salamander Wintering

A

achiinto

I don't keep any terrestrial salamander or newts that require winter cooling. However, I think this product might be very interesting for those who need powerful cooling in the winter.

The Kimchi Refrigerator comes with plastic/glass containers that fit tight to the fridge space. I think they can keep up to 10 good size boxes. In the photo link here, it has a window to look into the fridge as well.
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c161/windrunnerEX/korea trip 2008/day 1/Korea2008Day1102.jpg

Just FYI.

That does look ideal in terms of the use of space within the fridge. And I like the window, as it would give the animals some exposure to a natural light cycle. But it looks like a commercial product (in Korea), so it's probably not available, nor cheap.

Yes, probably a wine chiller will be cheaper. This Kimchi Fridge is large and probably house more salamander than wine chiller, but in Canada, a korean supermarket is saling this at 1500$ CAN.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back