Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Triturus marmoratus group

louise

Reaction score
I have 7 of these guys, hatched this year from eggs Morg sent me.

morenewts012.jpg

morenewts013.jpg

morenewts014.jpg

edbenn

Reaction score
Hi

Nice newts.

Whatkind of substrate is that? I currently have 3 marbled newt efts on soil from my garden. not sure how suitable that is? How damp do they need to be kept?

Thankx

Jennewt

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Those are beautiful, Louise! What is their size, roughly? They look quite large for being less than a year old. Good work!

Larryjo08

Reaction score
the look real nice. how cold do you have them right now and with the yellow stripe are they all females?:confused:

josh

Reaction score
very nice specimens! i really miss my marbled newts:( they are one of my favorites. i got a group of 6 thinking i would at least get one pair..... all females.... every one. i couldnt locate a male to save my life either, so i got rid of them.... this was quite a few years ago i must add. anyhoo, very nice specimens and i hope you do very well with them

-josh

louise

Reaction score
Thank you all for your comments! The substrate is orchid bark with moss, which was put in originally because it was a tropical white woodlice culture.

Jen-They are large, around 2-2.5 inches including tail. They have always been good feeders!

Jake

Reaction score
the look real nice. how cold do you have them right now and with the yellow stripe are they all females?:confused:

If the animals are juveniles, they usually have the orange stripe, but as they age, the males lose that stripe.

my axie007

Reaction score
I am planing to have a paludarium with Triturus marmoratus and I wanted some advices. and if you know how i can get theme.

steOli

Reaction score
You can´t keep them. It´s illegal. If you keep them anyways, run the risk of pay a big big amount of money because it´s, illegal. Can just keep other species that not the endemic, like cynops, axies, triturus sp. less those marbleds. ambystomas.. you have enough range.
chip.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1