Hi!

vinny21

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hey,
I'm Vincent and I'm from Quebec so I speak french! I made a work about axolotls for my english course and I literally fell in love with them... I'd really like to have one and would also like to know where to get one and how much it is. I've read a lot of websites about how to keep an axolotl in captivity and it seems "doable" so if you guys can help me with that, you'll make my day :wacko:

See ya later!

This time of year isn't the best time to look for axolotls. But if you keep an eye on our 'for sale' section, when they start breeding, you should see some for sale.

Ok nice, thank you! So the best time to look for axolotls would be...in the summer? Cause I don't really know if I can get one in my local pet shop. I guess I could "order" one or something? Is that the way you or someone you know did?

The forum has a "For-Sale" section, where the breeders on the forum offer their offspring. They will start breeding toward the end of winter, early spring.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back