Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Axolotl Names

chelsbels

Reaction score
What are your axie names? Do they match their personalities or colour?

I have...
Sunshine- yellowish goldish
Midnight- Black, nicknamed Captain
Smiley- white albino, smiles alot!

Chelsea

optimist

Reaction score
I have 2 wild types, Fenton and Fegg Hayes (named after places near where I bouoght them), and 2 leucistic called Pinky and Perky ;)

Saspotato

Reaction score
My axolotl is named Maxolotl.

I have guppies, all named Muppy (with numbers on the end ranking them in size, i.e. Muppy 1, Muppy 2, etc). And a cactus called Mactus. I have had goldfish in the past and tend to name them Mish the Fish or Mishy the Fishy.

You can probably see the theme :p I guess it doesn't really fit into their personalities or colour!

kira

Reaction score
My axies are Squishy and Slimey (because axies are both squishy and slimey lol) and a gecko called Benji (don't know why).

chelsbels

Reaction score
Optimist, your axie's names are pretty cool and my non-axie-aware friend says that they sound awesome. Pinky and Perky are way awesome, could you post some pics?

Sarah, I do get the theme, and I find it quite comical. Muppy the guppy, LOL. Could you post some pics?

Kira, Squishy and Slimey are such great names! Also, I really like the name Benji! Could you post some pics?

Thanks all!

Chelsea...
and friend Grace who doesn't own any axies but wants some.

Darkmaverick

Site Contributor
Reaction score
Mine are all named after greek gods. As there is a huge centrepiece cave/mountain in their tank. I call their home Mt Olympia. There is an area of the tank i decorated with a ring of large rocks with a centre of variegated rush (type of grassy looking plant) and a background of a brownish red plant i dont know the name. This area is called the ring of prayers. The other side of the tank is another small cave with bella palm and other assorted plants. This area is called sanctuary of peace.

My Wildtype (Dark brown with speckles of yellow and black) female is called Hera.
My Leucistic (White with black eyes) Male is called Zeus.
The Golden albino male is called Apollo.
The Melanoid male is called Eros.
The Axanthic albino female (peach colour with pink eyes) is called Aphrodite.

chelsbels

Reaction score
Hi Darkmaverick,

Wow, your tank stup sounds really cool and I love the theme of your axie names! THey are so original!

Chelsea

Mafta

Reaction score
...Well mine are called ghost and sharky

ghost being a white axolotl named because he kinda looks like a ghost :happy:

and sharky is a black axolotl and was originally named sharky when i bought her

and yes i do realise its a bit late now to reply but i thought i might aswell :happy::happy::happy::happy::happy:

Mitzee

Reaction score
I have one golden albino called Penny, because it's a cute name. :angel:

Nattles88

Reaction score
one of my axies is called hoover, because when I first got him he 'hoovered' up a lot of gravel. Bus its all puked out now. I havent named my second one yet, I usually just call him smiley cus he looks happy all the time. I named my very first axie Speedy after Speedy Gonzalez, i thought i was pricky tricky for naming him that

A

AmandaLyne

I have 2 wildtypes and i named them Sugar and Spice. Both girls.

Mojojojo

Reaction score
My ten year old named our Axies

Mojo - male Golden

Jojo - female wildtype

and together they make Mojojojo like the cartoon character!!:D

yourmate

Reaction score
Not so Glamarous

" Dave " and his tank mate

Swan mussel " Nigel "

Tim.

seahorsesue

Reaction score
Some great names you lot! I discussed many with my kids but went for Hellboy and Chainblade 'cos we thort they sounded cool!:cool:

ARMS

Reaction score
I still dont know what to name my 2 albino axys :p

kira

Reaction score
I got a new albino axolotl about two weeks ago and we called him Jester - well actually, my kids called him Jester - LOL!

iSuzie

Reaction score
I Have 2 New Axolotl's That Need Names, I Have One Golden Albino Male
And One Wild Type Female... Any Idea's? :happy:

Im Also Getting 3 New Babys On Tuesday, They All Need Names Too! Lol

Kenneth

Reaction score
I have one black axolotl and we call her Bellatrix or Belle :)

The Banana

Reaction score
My melanoid is name Sonriente, Spanish for 'Smiley', as 'lotls look like they are always smiling!
Then there is my leucistic Tenedor, Spanish for 'fork'. She has a lovely fork in her middle left gill stalk, name stuck quite well.
Banana is my golden albino - he was my very first axie, given to me for Christmas from my sister! Was very surprised to receive him.. I had been planning on getting axies for the past few months. Luckily I keep fish, so had a spare cycled tank for him (no fish in it), while his 400L (105.6Gallon) tank was cycling. Long and yellow... the name Banana came to mind.

I've also had a Bastante, Spanish for pretty.. and an Aristotle Axolotl, my friend thought of that name.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1