Perfect setup and care for Triturus marmoratus and Tyltotriton kweichowensis

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi can somone tell me the best all round set up and care of these species

cheers

J

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the forum! Many of the basic questions of newt and salamander care are already answered. Try reading the FAQ, articles, and care sheets in my signature along with searching the forum before making too many posts. These articles have a greater breadth and depth of information and many questions have already been asked and been answered with detail.

For care and setup of T. marmoratus you can begin with the Caudata Culture Care sheet. Those for other species can be found linked in my signature. This includes several other Tylototriton but not T. kweichowensis, yet.

For more detailed care of T. kweichowensis try searching the forum. A quick search brings up this thread which should be a good starting point.

nice one cheers i have a dilema, how do i keep temps cool indoors what methods and ways do ppl have in the average home???

cheers

j

This article has a few different methods for how to keep an aquarium cold. Obviously the simplest thing to do is to try and find the coolest place in your house and keep the newts there. I and many others have newtoriums in our basement as it is the coldest room. Floors are cooler than higher areas and the heat can change in a room based on location (i.e. drafty windows or doors versus heaters.)

Screen lids are another good choice. Choose screen over a typical closed top to keep your tank up to 4F colder. The article of course has even more tips and tricks.

thanks alot of help there cheers
:happy:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back