Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

My Paramesotriton chinensis.

eFaN

Reaction score
CSSwarty.jpg

another shot!

Cwartt2.jpg

cheers.! :D

eFaN

Reaction score
Thanks people! yep those are black quartz substrate. i dont rec using them though hahaa. they get dirty easily.:(

here are a few more snapshots of my lovely chinesis if u guys dont mind :

kingphtbckt.jpg
king10phtbxkr.jpg

and,

lurkphtbckt.jpg

cheers!

eFaN

Reaction score
Thanks people! :eek:

Perfect pictures! Isn't the newt living in nature-style aquarium?

He is actually in his temporary 1 feet tank with a nice driftwood with java moss and anubias nana tied to it .He likes to stay around that mini waterfall during the night so i'd stay up to take his pictures haha.

And as for the camera, im using canon 1000D with 18-55mm kit lens. :p

Another take..
CHINENSISphtbckt.jpg

man i had so much fun taking photos of this little guy haha

cheers!

eljorgo

Banned
Reaction score
Man I have a similar camera!! a canon too! with that same lens! 18-55mm but you use the manual mode (M, on the rotative panel modes) ? what was the f valour? ISO? manual or Auto focus?? god such a nice photos!

eFaN

Reaction score
Man I have a similar camera!! a canon too! with that same lens! 18-55mm but you use the manual mode (M, on the rotative panel modes) ? what was the f valour? ISO? manual or Auto focus?? god such a nice photos!

wo0ot awesomee another canon user!! :D:D.

haha i just bought this camera and still learning how to use dslr. yep i mainly use the "M" or just the "TV" rather than using the presets, so that i have more control over how the pictures are going to turn out. Using manual focusing to0. i stick with F5.6 (thats what it says on the lcd haha) , its the iso and the shutter speed that varies :p. had to take many pics before i am happy with one..

another example.
breathe.jpg

ISO SPEED : iso400
EXPOSURE TIME: 1/25
F-number : F/4
Focal Length : 28mm.

use photoshop to enhance the colours/add watermark to0!

Have fun! :eek:

eljorgo

Banned
Reaction score
haha! yep our cameras look very similar me model varies but the aperance almost is the same! yes I´m learning how to use too the dslr but I found out my problem! is that I don´t use photoshop...:D If I did my photos would look that amazing! but thats true a guy should take 20 photos to one be nice! Oh my canon is EOS400D I have that lens 18-55mm and another to do spotting at the airport and photograph distant montains of 90-300mm huge! I use too a hama UVB filter and I want to buy a polarizer filter! those were with one? nice.. were can I get some photoshop?
keep with those gourgeous photos! how bigger is that chinensis? male or female? get I´m some company! such an amazing animal and good treated!
chip.

Taffy

Reaction score
these pictures are amazing! they are of an artistic quality too :D
ever thought about posting to an art and photography site?
deviantart would be great !:)

eFaN

Reaction score
haha! yep our cameras look very similar me model varies but the aperance almost is the same! yes I´m learning how to use too the dslr but I found out my problem! is that I don´t use photoshop...:D If I did my photos would look that amazing! but thats true a guy should take 20 photos to one be nice! Oh my canon is EOS400D I have that lens 18-55mm and another to do spotting at the airport and photograph distant montains of 90-300mm huge! I use too a hama UVB filter and I want to buy a polarizer filter! those were with one? nice.. were can I get some photoshop?
keep with those gourgeous photos! how bigger is that chinensis? male or female? get I´m some company! such an amazing animal and good treated!
chip.

Hi theree.come share your newts pics to0! haha.

Not sure where you can purchase adobe photoshop over at your area, but one thing for sure that its definately worth it to get one copy haha. As for my chinensis gender and size, here it is:
age.jpg

its a Male, but not sure about its age, any guess?:confused:

here are more pics of him lol couldnt resist.. :eek:
hide4.jpg
and
king12.jpg

cheers!

Yahilles

Reaction score
Make no resistance in yourself, give us MORE and MORE of your pics! I love your photos and your newt. I can upload my pics of mine Paramesotriton, but they are no match to yours:
kroqamf5.jpg

kroqamf7.jpg

micstarz

Reaction score
Those are really good pics! I have P. Chinensis too - I think two males.

I keep them with black quartz too! What do you feed yours?

Once again, lovely pics, adorable fellow(s) (mine rests with the same posture as the first pic). They look healthy and at just the right fatness!

eFaN

Reaction score
Make no resistance in yourself, give us MORE and MORE of your pics! I love your photos and your newt. I can upload my pics of mine Paramesotriton, but they are no match to yours:

very cute newt u have there!! haha.

Guys come share your chinensis photos here! love to see em. cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:

eFaN

Reaction score
its been awhile since i snap photos of this little dude here.

this is him in his new Tank. Spends most of his time on land..
throne.jpg

Always exploring..
explore1.jpg

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1