New Axolotl Photos

Zeeman3000

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Display Name
Zach
Thought I might upload a few photos of my axolotl now that they're both in their new home, hope you all enjoy, Merry Christmas, Zach

Last edited:
They are very cute and so cool, what are their names?

Chelsea

Very nice photos, but keep an eye on that white underbelly on the melanoid.. just to make sure it IS a white underbelly and not a thin fungus.
The albino looks a bit stressed too but that's probably just from moving home.
The barebottom tank looks stunning and adds to their appearance :)

To be honest Chelsea, I still haven't been able to decide names for either of my axolotl, I got the first one (albino male) as a gift from my girlfriend, who introduced me to him as "Herby" but I just couldn't see him as a Herby, but I still haven't been able to find a suitable name for him, as such, I'm still reluctant to think of names for my new axolotl (black female) :confused: Any ideas?

Thanks for the advice Stef, I'll keep an eye out for them, and upload new pictures if anything further develops :happy:

Namewise....Darth Vader springs to mind for the black axie lol

Namewise....Darth Vader springs to mind for the black axie lol

I love it!!!!!!!!!:D

Under belly looks normal to me. How old are they? They are so cute, I have to get another one now!! I will go out tomorrow first thing!

Hey Zach

like the photos, the black one is like our black one, Chelsea call him midnight, he also has a white under belly, it looks ok to me, as stef said just watch it and make sure it doesn't grow, then you will know for sure.

I am sure chelsea will come up with some suggestions for you.

Here are some ideas for the female:
Nina means fish-like
Maya means water
Nerida means water lily
Cara means beloved
Sarah means princess
Eva and Zoe mean life
Melanie means dark

If you like two meanings, you could hyphonate them such as : Maya-Sarah which would mean Water Princess!
The website I got these from is : www.behindthename.com

Thanks a lot for all the name suggestions guys, I'll have to get back to you and let you know what my final decision is, and to my knowledge Kira, they are both about a year old, but I'm quite new to axolotls, so I'm just going on what I believe, as I requested "adult axolotls", how old would you put them at a guess, judging by the pictures?

awww they look awesome. I miss having axies!

(I had to get rid of mine, as my house is now too warm for them! :( )

I should think they are at least 6 months old judging by the black toe tips on the leucistic and the white toe tips on the black.

Managed to finally get a close-up shot of my albino male, and also got a nice snap during feeding time, hope you all enjoy, wishing you all the best coming into the new year :D

Last edited:
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back