Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Axolotl names!

Rone

Reaction score
First of all, I'm new. I have never kept axolotls. I have a fair amount of aquarium experience. I've had everything from tetras to turtles and my dad has a 400 gal. saltwater reef aquarium in our basement. I hope to get a pair of axolotls sometime in the near future (by spring). I have already come up with names for a male/female couple. What do think?

Male - Marlowe

Female - Moa

Also share your own Axies' names! :grin: I'd love to hear them!

blueberlin

2010 Research Grant Donor
Reaction score
Hi Rone,

Nice names - as to the rest, check out this thread. I think almost every axolotl keeper in this forum has entered their axolotls' names there. :D

-Eva

Freewilly

Reaction score
we named our axies Kujo and Lupo...we r not sure yet about is they are male or female but we d like so much these names :eek:

iChris

Reaction score
Ive had my current axie for a couple of months, and up untill a few days ago she was nameless. I decided to name her Sir Lance-Alotol.

Last edited:

Mandy6

Reaction score
Adin - Axolotls are freshwater :)

I have two, an albino named Alex - the name just popped into my head and I think it suits him, and a golden albino named Chuckie. His face the the bright red gills reminded me of Chuckie from the rugrats :)

mewsie

Reaction score
Hi Rone,

Nice names - as to the rest, check out this thread. I think almost every axolotl keeper in this forum has entered their axolotls' names there. :D

-Eva

I'll quote Eva here and suggest we all continue to add to the other name thread, it got pretty long so add to it and we'll create one EPIC thread!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!