Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

My tattoo!

Kerry1968

Reaction score
I just though I'd share this with you, I 'treated' myself to a tattoo for my 40th birthday last month, I would've liked an axolotl but this was the closest I could get! I love it anyway, maybe I should ask the tattooist to put on some gills! :ha:

(by the way, it's my right wrist!)

Attachments

• Dec 08 038.jpg
    Dec 08 038.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 3,961

ferret_corner

Reaction score
Oh COOL!!! What a cool tatoo!

And Happy Belated Birthday!!
Sharon

Last edited:

gr33neyes

Reaction score
Nice......Tattoos can be almost as addictive as axolotls, although I must admit its been a few years since my last tattoo. But I have been thinking about another....I think an axolotl tattoo with long feathery gills would look most unusual.

TheDoyel

Reaction score
I never even thought of that! I wonder if there is some Mexican tribal tattoos that have axies in them...

Bass

Reaction score
You know, I think you should ask the tattooist to put on some gills.
I've had my first tattoo for some years now and I'm sorry to say I don't like it anymore, for various reasons. If you think you could improve the one you have by making it look more like an axolotll then by all means, go ahead. It'll make it even more unique, and that is after all part of what a tat is about.
For those who are curious, you can see my tat here. I'm disapointed in it because it came straight out of a book (would like a unique design for the next) and as you can see, it is fading)
So Kerry, I would say, go for the gills :d

Kerry1968

Reaction score
Oh my goodnes! I can think of nothing worse than having a tattoo on the bottom of my foot! How the heck did you keep still?
Yeah, I think I might get some gills put on my little lizard, perhaps no one will guess it's supposed to be a gecko then!
But then again I'm thinking of having a tattoo of an axolotl on my arm anyway!
Hmmm......decisions, decisions!

Bass

Reaction score
I'm not very tickelish ;)

In case you decide to ad the gills, might I suggest you also have some work done on the tail. adding a semi-transparant fin around it will ad to the axolotl-look.
And make sure to show us you axie-tat when you get it! (ah, the needle is addictive :p)

Kaysie

Site Contributor
Reaction score
I've got a tattoo on the top of my foot. Rather painful.

If you do alter your gecko into an axolotl, I also suggest rounding the head a bit, and enlongating the toes. Axolotls have ET toes.

Celeste

Reaction score
Congratulations!!!!!! I have to tell you it is addictive!!!! Yours is pretty cool!! I have one, but im thinking in getting another. Here is the pic!!

Attachments

• 121_3358.jpg
    121_3358.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 8,600

kira

Reaction score
Hey that is a totally awesome axolotl tattoo!! Bet that one hurt! I have four, but no axies tatts for me yet...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!