Photo: New tank

Bass

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
So, after my preevious aquarium broke (see that topic) I had start a new tank, and here it is:
2mgp9bl.jpg

there is a smaller "quarantaine" container on top (red arrows), and barely visible a 8cm ampularia (square), some hideouts have been placed, more plants are in quarantaine untill I'm convinced they don't carry anything.
The substrate is soft gravel that came from my previous setup; round gravel that falls apart. hasn't posed any problems with ingestion, they can actually break it while 'chewing'
Two more axies are on their way to join the one you see in this pic (bottom left, in case you missed it)

Wow that tank looks amazing! Is the ampularia a type of snail? I also love the frame to the tank.

Ampularia is an apple-snail. I just couldn't come up with the right word ;)
you know, they are the yellow ones you see in a lot of aquaria. there's some guppies in there to, but not too many (guess they taste good)

What temp is the tank if theres guppies in there?

mmmm....Havana Club :cool:

btw nice tank )

Yes, Havanna Club rules in several interesting ways. :cool:

The water temperature is about 15°C, witch is what I get here without heating or cooling in my living room. For you Aussie's out there, we have winter here. To illustrate, we had 10cm of snow last nigt :d so no need for a cooler whatsoever. (-12°C outside right now)
the guppies are in there just as a snack for the axie, and they don't really suffe for less-than-ideal sircumstances, so I don't give them a moments thought.
yum.. fish :)

"To illustrate, we had 10cm of snow last nigt :d so no need for a cooler whatsoever. (-12°C outside right now)"

Yeah. We too.:happy:

great, isn't it Quetzacoatl?
Currently my housing is rather small (a 12m² room) so everything is close together.. this is what is next to my pillow in the morning: (the wood you see is the side of the bed)
sfb3pd.jpg

she usually sits on this side (the filter is on the other side) and I tend to be in a good mood nowadays :d coincidence? I think not!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back