Now & Then pictures of my planted tank

ferret_corner

Reaction score
Country
Japan
Display Name
Sharon
The first was taken 06/08, the second was taken 09/08 and the last was taken today with a lot of cursing on my part as I tried in vain to eliminate the glare.

Sharon

Attachments

• 2008 new axolotl tank w sand.jpg
    2008 new axolotl tank w sand.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 549
  • axolotl white sand 2008.jpg
    axolotl white sand 2008.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 1,195
  • cropped axolotl tank 01 04 09.jpg
    cropped axolotl tank 01 04 09.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 605
That looks great!

I so wish I had 'green thumbs', but live plants and I just don't mix...Even airplants seem to die around me just when I walk past them lol - I don't think I take that much oxygen from them! :eek:

LOL I've never been able to keep water plants alive before. I was really encouraged when I didn't kill my first marimo balls a few years ago. (lol if know about those, thats really funny). But one of the ladies who got some of the axolotls from Michael with me last year went all out on live plants and mostly I copied her step for step, product for product and I've done ok.

I swear in that last pic I had cleaned that darned smear off. ugh, oh well.

I'm torn. I really like the minimalist of the original tank but I enjoy the plants now too. I guess that means I gotta start more tanks! :) OOOHHH I'll bet some of those glowy ones will look fantastic on white/black sand with colored washed quartz.

I've been fiddling with my betta vases trying to find a way to light them from the bottom. My husband thinks I'm insane but I pointed out that I'm better than a crackhead! he agrees! HAHAHA!

Sharon

The little leucistic peeking at the left corner looks so adorable. Your tank looks like it had the touch of spring. Suddenly lush and green, waking up from winter.

Cheers

Oh I love it! :wacko:
How big is your tank?
It looks huuugge!

I always notice water marks when I've taken nice photos. :sad:

Its only a 20gl long. I love low long tanks!! It sucks that they are so hard to find. I wish I could get my hands on some 30 longs or 40 longs.

Sharon

That looks great!

I so wish I had 'green thumbs', but live plants and I just don't mix...Even airplants seem to die around me just when I walk past them lol - I don't think I take that much oxygen from them! :eek:

Thats because nothing ever gets a chance to take root, you're always moving the tank ornaments around lol.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back