I swear they squeak!!!

A

AmandaLyne

Myself and hubby are sitting here and one of the girls keeps squaking lol funniest thing i have ever heard!!! anyone ever heard of them squeaking??:eek:

I've heard that some salamanders make noises (seems so odd) but have never heard of axolotls making sounds beyong the "pop" of snapping at air at the water's surface. Reckon you could make a recording of it? How nifty!

-Eva

I think i know what you mean???

im sure mine do it also its really odd but kind of cute :p
my gold one does it when he streches out on his platform?

Yeah they both were doing it on and off lastnight lol its a really cute noise...i can try to record it but no telling when they do it. LOL

I am really curious now! They are (obviously) both metamorphosed, correct? Has there been a large temperature change lately? Perhaps some odd, unknown mating ritual? Haha.

Just a side thought, you are sure that they are both females, correct? I know males sometimes have a tendency to get more aggressive. They are not fighting? Just chilling on a log?

Do you find that they begin making these noises when you watch a certain channel on the telly? Perhaps when their favorite team starts losing? I'm teasing. But I honestly can't wait to hear that! Or even a video courtesy of youtube?

Cheers-

my axie used to make squeeky noises too...

mainly when he came up for air and burped
at some stages, was so loud you could hear it with the lid on.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back