Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Meet Mr Happy

stardust

Reaction score
This is my lovely little Mr Happy (named by my son):happy:. He's our first Axolotl so we are trying very hard to learn everything about taking good care of him .
IMG_6529.jpg

blueberlin

2010 Research Grant Donor
Reaction score
Mr Happy is darling, and I love the floral feature!

Welcome to the Forum, too.

-Eva

stardust

Reaction score
Thank you all:eek: I'm so smitten with him, just can't believe how much character he has. Can anyone tell me how old they think he is (if he is a he that is)? He's about 5" long.

blueberlin

2010 Research Grant Donor
Reaction score
It is difficult to know for sure because axolotls grow at different rates depending on water temp, food supply, and just plain some grow faster than others, but I would estimate Mr Happy to be between 4 and 6 months old at that length. Looks like his sexual maturity has begun (did I say that right?), which would also take place around that time.

-Eva

paullism

Reaction score
Mr Happy looks wonderful, very cute and your tank set up looks sensational, I would love to see more pictures of it - Great job - Well done !

Neke

Reaction score
He's gorgeous! You are quite the photographer, as well. I love your setup, and am smitten with that flowery plant - where did you get it?

gr33neyes

Reaction score
Mr Happy is absolutely gorgeous!

The tank setup is lovely too - colour coordinated lol?

Oh no she's off with the colour coordination thing again lol.

I must admit that plant does look nice and your axolotl is lovely. It would be nice to see a photo of the whole tank too.:happy:

stardust

Reaction score
Thanks everyone :happy:. The plant was just from my local pets at home, I don't know if they are anywhere other than the uk.
Here is his whole tank, not sure if I've made it too crowded but he doesn't have any problems moving around and still has quite alot of floor space. Any opinions gratefully recieved:D

Attachments

• IMG_6541.jpg
    IMG_6541.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 283
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!