Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

New, Hoping to be 'mother' :)

sc0tt5b0x3r5

Reaction score
HI there !

My name's Iva and obviously I am new to the site. I wish to acquire an Axolotl for my home, I've been enamored of them for a while now lol
I don't know where to get one, and web-search has been pretty much futile. I saw that there were some for sale on here, but I wasn't allowed to post for some reason. If anyone reading this has them to purchase, please let me know! I live in Virginia (US of course). I'm 20 years old and I have experience taking care of many different pets. Right now I've got a 1yr old tortoiseshell cat named Loki, and a 2yr old ball python named Ra. I'd love to add to the family :cool:

IanF

Reaction score
Welcome to the site.
To be able to post on the For Sale section of the form you need to have posted 5 times before. So I suggest posting questions, participating in a disscussion, or giving your opinion on a thread. This is to ensure you participate in the site rather than just use it to advertise and buy animals. Good luck!

Ian

Kaysie

Site Contributor
Reaction score
You can also contact sellers directly with a PM by clicking on their name.

Jennewt

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This is the worst time of year to look for an axolotl, as most of their breeding activity is in late winter to early spring. You'll find lots of them available in late spring.

Kaysie

Site Contributor
Reaction score
While I wholeheartedly agree with Jenn, my axolotls didn't get the memo. I will have juveniles for sale soon (within a month or two).

Welcome to the forum, and we look forward to seeing more of you!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1