Hello from Indiana

ReiDragon

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi all. My name is Lauren I am a 22 year old female currently working as a vet tech. I have owned firebellies for years and have a obsession with reptiles and amphibians. Especially snakes xD.

I owned a pair of Firebelly newts for about 5 years until I went to school and left them with my brother. He accidentally killed them with warm water after cleaning their tank. I was heartbroken. Their names were Ra, and Seth. May they rest in peace.

I now own 5 snakes, 2 ball pythons, a Red tail boa, and a breeding pair of corn snakes.

As far as amphibians I have owned Green tree frogs, Firebelly newts, and I currently own a pair of Paddletail newts. I have grown to love the little newts and hope to gain enough experiance to eventually get a pair of Axolotls and a group of Alpine newts (Mesotriton alpestris apuanus) because I find them charming <3. I am still learning the scientific names for alot of these so bare with me.
I also find Tiger salamanders gorgeous but have heard they eat a lot XD.

Welcome to the forum, Lauren! Are you a member of the Hoosier Herp Society? That Wendall (who runs the HHS Myspace page) is a hoot!

Why yes I am a member <3 But unfortunately I do not have a Myspace account so I have never seen the page. xD

Did you happen to go to the Indy Symposium a couple years ago? That was a riot!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back