Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

New Additions (Pictures as Promised)

IanF

Reaction score
Here are a few pictures of the latest additions, not alot but unfortunately they're both very quick.:p

Here's a Northwestern Salamander (A. Gracile) that arrived 2 days ago, he wasn't in very good shape to be honest, very thin and hungry but fine otherwise. He's eating lots of food and has already put on 4 grams (which is a fair bit considering his size).
camera034-1.jpg

camera037.jpg

He's around 4 inches as you can see-
camera036.jpg

And here's the Terrarium I've got him in, there's a couple of hides (one with a veiwing area up at the glass) and leaf litter aswell.
camera049.jpg

And in the world of Reptiles, here are a few pictures of Takala, My 2 year old Corn snake which I got on the 28th of Dec. She's about 3.5 feet long.
camera043.jpg

camera044.jpg

That's all, they are both great, eating well and I'm especially impressed with the Salamander, he's shy but very funny, exploring all the time and throwing dirt in his water bowl while digging.:rolleyes:

Ian

Also, sorry about that horrible looking paper and tape on the glass, I can't find a woodland background and I've been forced to make due for now.

Last edited:

Ingo

Reaction score
AW: New Additions (Pictures as Promised)

Hello Ian,

why you don`t make a woodland picture of your choice and enlarge it to the size you want??
A good digital picture in Poster Size is a great background.

Greetings Ingo V.

Also, sorry about that horrible looking paper and tape on the glass, I can't find a woodland background and I've been forced to make due for now.

IanF

Reaction score
Good idea Ingo, never really thought to do that, I'll give it a shot tommorow.

Thanks,
Ian

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!