Turtles, Tortoises, and Lizards

caudatadude28

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
AJ
Just wondering, what other herps do caudata.org members keep? Specifically turtles, tortoises, and lizards.

I don't keep much outside of my collection of newts/salamanders. With that being said I do have a Green Iguana!

I have a 3 year old musk turtle, plus a handful of snakes.

I keep box turtles and Alabama map turtles.

geeze I don't keep much in the way of heat loving reptiles any more.

I used to breed leopard & pictus geckos.

I used to take in neglected iguanas.

I take in boxturtles every now and then I used to keep sulcattas, until hubby found they needed their own cement reinforced dirt yard so they wouldn't uproot his trees.

I used to keep red eye tree frogs, I still have my whites tree frogs.

Every now and then I catch a rattlesnake in the yard or kingsnake, lol but they're only kept until I have time to drive far enough away to relocate them.

I know I'm missing something but I got tired of the complicated diets, heat rocks, lights, boxes and boxes and boxes of crickets, meal worms, etc. Oh I have an RES - but he lives outside and I never have to anything for him.

Sharon

2 ball pythons, a Red tail boa, a breeding pair of cornsnakes. A Leopard gecko and a pair of Paddletails.

I also have a tarantula but she isn't a reptile XD

Not much anymore outside of a group of ancient leopard geckos, around a dozen tarantulas, and a fish tank.
Chip

I have 2 goldfish, 1 bearded dragon, and one snail. I am giving the three toed box turtle to an expert to take proper care of him. This spring I plan on getting a sugar glider or two. Sugar gliders are so cool and cute.

I have 2 mata mata turtles about 7 inches long, a female red foot, 2 box turtles, 4 ft+ California King that must be close to 10 years old. A pair of tangerine milks, a speckled king that I just got, 3 barking tree frogs, one wood frog, 1 Northern Blue tongue skink and 1 Indo Blue tongue, and a bunch of Dumbo eared rats plus 9 cats and a wife

I have a single Chinese water dragon and a western hognose snake for reptiles. Amphibians are far more interesting to me than reptiles.

This spring I plan on getting a sugar glider or two. Sugar gliders are so cool and cute.

You'll probably want to do a lot of research on these guys. I don't think they make very good pets and are quite nocturnal.

I have 2 axies, 1 horsfield tort, 1 RE Slider, 4 mississippi maps 7 g land snails and a tank with a dwarf frog, out doors a pond with gold fish and a pond with newts and frogs and if any survived toads.
I want more british native toads and newts

Nowadays, I have 2 green iguanas. This is one of them, and my budgerigar.

2830926418_34ab32c279_m.jpg

I have 2 goldfish, 1 bearded dragon, and one snail. I am giving the three toed box turtle to an expert to take proper care of him.
I'm sure it was difficult decision to give up the turtle, but it's probably a good choice for the turtle. To keep a box turtle healthy long-term requires a lot of specialized care, preferably with an outdoor enclosure. I have a box turtle under my care, and I'm considering doing the same thing.

I have one Goffin's cockatoo, two love birds, one large male sulcata named doggy, a breeding group of Herman's and horsfield's, bunch of desert box turtles, two Sri Lanka star tortoises, a breeding group of Bolson tortoises (kept in Mexico) and a leopard tortoise. Plus a fish tank.

two donated three toed box turtles
two donated red ear sliders
(owners moved, got hard hectic life, now I take care of them, I LOVE these guys)
freshwater shrimp (Neocaridina heteropoda , Neocaridina heteropoda var. red)
red wriggler worms
every now and then triops and brine shrimps.
Lots of plants, aquatic plants and mosses, organic veggie gardens. Planting several small paw-paw orchards this year hopefully.
Every now and then, babysit the parents silky Terrier.

Ok here comes my list; red-eared sliders, Rio Grande River cooters, common musk turtle, common snapping turtle, yellow-bellied sliders, Eastern box turtles, painted turtle, standing's day geckos, green anoles, Asian house gecko, leopard geckos, and panther geckos. Man I hope I didn't forget something.

I have two tropical fish tanks and a cold water tank as well!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back