Question: Preventing Condensation (chilled tank)

Wolfpretzel

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi one and all,

This would be my first post on the forum, but I have been using all of your combined Axie-expertise to answer all my questions & solve all my problems. Being an Aussie owner of Axolotls, I have invested in a chiller system for my axies to be all happy and healthy. All is well for them now, but condensation is a problem that I'm working to solve now.

Because of the differing temperatures (and the humidity in the air in Sydney lately) my tank is condensating almost everywhere - the glass and the tubes that are pumping the water to and from the chiller. I'm constantly having to wipe the glass and tubes with a chamois. I am also (right now) testing having a small fan drawing air away from the tank. We'll see how that goes.

Any other suggestions on preventing this?

Hi Wolfpretzel,

This thread may help, another Australian member was having similar problems with condensation issues.

After you conquer the condensation and can see what you are photographing ;), we're looking forward to seeing pictures of your axies and setup (we love pictures here).

Welcome to the forum!

Awesome. Thanks for the input. I figured that the A/C would dehumidify the air so that was a no-brainer, and the fan seems to help a bit. All in all, my axies are getting the royal treatment and are very happy. So all is well. I will post some pics soon - I already have probably a few hundred on the PC and more still on the camera. :-D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back