bumby tail

vikki7

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I currently have a golden albino who is 10 months old in a 2 foot tank.

I would like to get some more axolotls so I have got a 4 foot tank. At the shop there are 4, two of them are black , didn’t check the eyes to see it f they are wild type or not but one of them has quite a bumpy tail, not curved just wavy along the top if you know what I mean. I was wondering if this signifies anything? Do you think it will rectify as it gets older?

Thanks

Vikki

Hi Vikki,

It must be exciting merely anticipating the prospects of upgrading to a larger tank and expanding your axolotl family.

There are slight genetic predispositions to the conformation of an axie. if the axolotl you are interested in appears healthy and shows no sign of injuries, i would not be overly concerned of the 'wavier' looking tail. The chances of it straightening out is also rather dim.

I have two axolotls with wavy tail fin (Axolotl artemis and zeus in my gallery). I actually think they are lovely!

Cheers

I have an axie with a wavey tail too, and he has no problems.:eek:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back