Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Axie in the fridge

asprine

Reaction score
As you know I have a sick axie and that you recommended the fridge treatment, I just have one last question.

How much time does he have to spend in the fridge?

And after that

How do I put him back in the old tank?

Thanks for the help!

Oh and BTW He is still not eating =(

Jacquie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The amount of time spent in the fridge depends on how ill the axolotl is. The axolotl can stay in the fridge for months at a time if necessary.

In conjunction with fridging an axolotl can go without food for about three months.

To put the axie back in the tank, the fridged water inhabited by the axolotl needs to be brought to the same temperature as the tank before transferring the axolotl. Just sit the tub next to the tank and wait until the temperatures are the same - this may take a few hours depending on the room temperature.

Please note that it's helpful to post a link of your previous thread :happy: so that members who are not familiar with your axolotl's condition and history have something to work with and can tailor their advice to your axolotl's circumstances.

Previous thread: http://www.caudata.org/forum/showthread.php?t=59658

asprine

Reaction score
Thanks! I'll post pictures so you can tell me how he looks... Sorry about the link, I thought i did put it!! my bad!

asprine

Reaction score
I'm happy to inform that Nogada is as good as it gets!
He's eating like crazy! and his gills look better!

blueberlin

2010 Research Grant Donor
Reaction score
Mario that is wonderful news! Thank you so much for the update, I am smiling and smiling. :happy:

-Eva

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1