need advice

BlackWolf25

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
§Sinner§
ok.....i am deepening my water in my 10 gallon tank for my fire bellied newts.......what kind of land should i use that is really cheap to free

you could use some floating plants or an anubias plant (cause of its broad leaves). Another plant you can use is clippings from a common "pothos" house plant. most of the pothos leaves must be above water or it will eventually die. But its very easy to come by.

You can buy floating land at pet stores. they are often used for turtles.

Could also use an aquarium decoration or piece of wood tall enough to rise above the water

i think i've heard bout people using styrofoam, but check this out because i'm not very certain about it.

The water in my aquarium is almost to the top, i've found the newts only need some place to hang on rather than get completely out of the water (this idea is very controversial though).

Bricks and rocks from outdoors. Be sure the bricks are the orange ones, not made of cement. Ones that have been outdoors for a while are best, but you may want to boil them to release ground-in dirt. Also, old flower pots, but be sure they were never exposed to chemicals. Did you look at the links in my last post?

Blackwolf: please note that our terms of service specify a limit of 8 posts per person per day. You are quickly heading toward an infraction.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    sera: @Clareclare, +2
    Back