Photo: Tank Setup, Chem prob though.

SETc6

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Micky
Here's a pic of the Tank setup i have with Live plants.

There is 0 Nitrite, (10ish)Nitrate, 75 (soft) Hardness, 80 Alkalinity, Ph 6.8-7.0.
Ammonia is 0.5-1.0 maybe more cant tell by the color chart to well but ive been trying to remove the ammonia for about 2 weeks now. Any helpful hints? This tank is for FBN's

Attachments

• tn.jpg
    tn.jpg
    2.6 KB · Views: 92
How are you trying to 'remove' the ammonia? The only surefire way to lower ammonia levels is to do water changes.

well the local water is like that i just changed the water yesterday and added about another 1/2 tap to it. I geuss i should try to find spring water :/

I have been using water treatment to remove ammonia but its not working well.

Its actually down to about 0.5 now on the color chart. Its not completely to the 0.5 it has spots from the regular color in it still

I found a person willing to sell me a mating pair of N. Viridescens or P. Labiatus. I'm kind of hesitate to take their offer though. Are the Adults of these species completely aquatic? they are all 2 1/2-3 years old

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back