More substrate possibilities....

ferret_corner

Reaction score
Country
Japan
Display Name
Sharon
so many ideas - to few tanks... I suck - I haven't even let my current tanks fill in with plants and I rearranged them.

Now I'm thinking I want to go a whole different route....

Ok I found this rose quartz tile on plastic mesh stuff... its close out so I'm not showing you guys! But it sort of looks like this... http://www.marblemaster.com/marble/borderstone/borderstone01.html

i've dashed off emails about what the glue is made of, water soluble, etc, but i don't really have any intention of leaving it on the backing. I'm hoping I can peal it off, scrubb off the glue and lay them out in sand myself. or if necessary i'll silicone them to something else... the more I think about siliconing them to something else is the better idea, that way for ease of clean up, I pick up the mat, rinse, siphon under and put it back.

am i nuts?

Wow Sharon, that really is very beautiful. Very opulent look to it. Will there be difficulties in cleaning between the tiles/crevices? I am not sure if its deep enough to actually cause detritus to lodge in there and accumulate.

i think once the questions regarding what its made from and stuff is answered we may be able to give a better educated guess to see if its ok

but yes, your crazy :p

LOL Aaron, you rat.

i forgot to mention that the stuff I intend to get is cut and tumbled but not polished rose quartz. Ok I mentioned it but didn't specify thats what it is. Its not a composite. Just rose quartz cut into small blocks.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back