Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Hello..new here! :)

Critter Mom

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I would like to take the time to introduce myself. I have noticed your forum before and have read a few things on here, and I must say that I have been really impressed by the wealth of information on here, and the reason why everyone is here! I think that the mission, and the caring and knowledgeable group of people here is a rare find, and that is why I would like to be a part of your community.

With that said, I guess I would like to tell you a bit about myself. My fiance' and I have four Chinese fire belly newts that we have named: Newton (2 years old from a friend, 9 months so far with me), Fiaro (who has a weeping sore that heals but gets bigger), Fuego, and "Pipsqueak" Caliente, the smallest. We have had the last three for a little over a month. We have had some others who unfortunately didn't make it.

We also have three hermit crabs. I have the largest one pretty tame. She likes to do my hair.:p She is a cuddler! The smallest one is getting pretty tame now and cuddles now too. The middle one is just starting to get tame. They are all female, but we didn't know when we named them. :D In order of size (largest first): Hyrul, Heath, and Herc.

We have a sugar glider named Acra the Acrobat. He is really cute! He is still "growing up". He won't be fully grown for another year. If you are not sure what a sugar glider is, just go to "Google Images" and type in "sugar glider" or go to "You Tube" and type in "sugar glider noises", and you will see what I mean!:happy:

I love making friends, and if ANYONE has any suggestions on this newt, I would really appreciate it, as the only veterinarian that had real knowledge about herpetology in our area that I am aware of has long retired since my days with the green anoles I used to have growing up.

Thank you, and I look forward to meeting everyone!

Have a wonderful week!! :happy:

Critter Mom

Reaction score
Thank you! I very much appreciate it. :D I look forward to getting to know everyone and contributing to the community.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!