How to ship Naja grass?

ferret_corner

Reaction score
Country
Japan
Display Name
Sharon
Should it be packed in a baggy of water? Rolled in damp newspaper & a plastic bag? have the ends rolled in damp paper towel and then put in a plastic bag leaving the leaves mostly exposed?

Its going to be in the 40(F) where its going, but its goin to be in the high 70s here. Are cold packs needed?

TIA

Take out of tank, wrap with a moist(not wet) paper towel. Put in ziploc baggie. Ship. Cold pack should not be needed.

IME receiving and shipping if plants are too wet they tend to rot in transit.

Make sure the paper towels are moist, not soaking wet. In the box surround the ziplock with old newspaper. Temp should not be an issue. I received some sensitive plants this winter through USPS priority when the temp was 0 and they were all fine.

I agree, I wouldn't worry about the temperatures at this time of year. Try to keep the total weight of the package under 1 pound, as the postal rates jump up substantially when you cross the line from 15.9 oz. to 16.1 oz.:rolleyes:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back