The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

Axolotl General Discussion Open axolotl forum: if it doesn't fit in the sub-topics then post it here.

Old 29th March 2009   #1
thirdeye96

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: thirdeye96 has started on the right path
Default Rant

Quote:
s above. I've kept them in 28 degrees, numerous axos with no problems. I don't think your average petshop would bother selling axos if you'd require a chiller over summer...
Unless you've had prior difficulty, please don't make this more difficult than it really is for others. I'm not trying to have a go but you're really putting it out there. My sincerest apologies to those who are thinking I'm an aboslute tool in posting this but seriously, we all know theory differs to practice. People come here for experienced info, not something they can read from a google post. Cheers for your time.I have had axos for over 3 years in total and there have been times where I've just dumped a few dozen guppies in and left in a 2'x1'x1' aquarium with a 600L/hr trickle filter without a waterchange for 6 weeks and been okay.
This was information given out on a forum to someone who said they wanted to buy axies. When I said that this was insufficient for proper care I was instantly flamed and told that I evidently had no skill whatsoever and had just read stuff on the internet. This is disgusting and just makes me so mad to see. I just had to vent to some other axie lovers.

thirdeye96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2009   #2
Rayson
(Darkmaverick)
Veterinarian

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 1
Rep: Darkmaverick goes to 11Darkmaverick goes to 11Darkmaverick goes to 11Darkmaverick goes to 11Darkmaverick goes to 11Darkmaverick goes to 11Darkmaverick goes to 11Darkmaverick goes to 11Darkmaverick goes to 11Darkmaverick goes to 11Darkmaverick goes to 11
Default Re: Rant

Hi Thirdeye96,

So sorry to hear of your terrible experience. What type of forum was that quote derived from? That particular post is downright inaccurate and even cruel. I can understand your frustration because i think all of us here at some time or other, have experienced people who chose to be resistant to information or practise selective amnesia. It is very unfair that your well meaning advice to correct them went unappreciated and even punished unjustly for.

On a positive note, you are already armed with the knowledge of proper care of axies and i assure you this forum supports accurate advice. Your contributions here will not go unnoticed. Don't feel vexed by that experience in the other forum. Its just a sign for you to spend more time on a more deserving one (like here ).

Cheers.

Old 29th March 2009   #3
Kaysie
(Kaysie)
Site Contributor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 45
Comments: 62
Rep: Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11
Default Re: Rant

We can't account for (or unfortunately, moderate) other forums. We just hope that everyone finds us.

Three years is a drop in the bucket when compared to an average life span of nearly 20 years for an axolotl.

Kaysie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rant