Trouble with cloudy water

Hotrod Vampire

Reaction score
Country
Canada
One of my tanks that contains the girlfriends fish is always a little cloudy, i've done 20% water changes everyday for a week and still its cloudy..can someone help me out with this?

Hi Hotrod Vampire,

Do you have a filter? Cloudiness could be due to many things. Overfeeding, overcrowding, dust from environment settling, bacterial bloom and such. Try to avoid overcrowding the tank with too many fish and avoid overfeeding. Continue with regular 20% water changes and siphon up detritus and uneaten food. A good filter will also help substantially.

Cheers.

Maybe it just needs to cycle. The tank could be overloaded. Try to boost the biological filtration. This can be done by adding sponge filters or more biological medium to your filter if it fits. My latest kick is adding ceramic media to filters.

Is the tank oversized for the amount of fish, or just big enough? What kind of filter does it have? How long has the tank been up and running? Any chance you could take a water sample to a pet shop for testing?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back