Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

The most attractively patterned species?

jbherpin

Reaction score
This is a thread designed for amusement only. I just wanted to see how diverse the preferences are! I hope everyone can have a little fun submitting their vote! (This is not a "site sponsored" vote) For me...Juvenile N.V.V.(The Red Eft), this is a simply amazingly beautiful creature! Well, that's my vote...How about your's?

-jbherpin-

Jake

Reaction score
I vote for Neurergus kaiseri, even people who don't care for newts can enjoy that kind of beauty. Pseudotriton ruber can be nice too.

Azhael

Site Contributor
Reaction score
I agree N.kaiseri has a special quality that can reach even mentally healthy people.
My vote however goes for three other species(i can´t just pick one), the recently discovered beauty of C.pyrrhogaster, o_Ophryticus and....wait for it...........Lissotriton vulgaris! Yes, i find them incredibly beautiful.....

Last edited:

Weldd

Reaction score
Kaiseri are beautiful, probably my all time favorites but I think some Salamandra are as pretty as anything...

Kaysie

Site Contributor
Reaction score
I'm with Justin on this one. A. annulatum. Very striking. Ooh, or A. macrodactylum, love the racing stripes. Also a big fan of Plethodon yonahlossee.

My roommate suggests Desmognathus wrighti's herringbone pattern, or the P. glutinosis complex.

Critter Mom

Reaction score
I may be a little biased because they are all I have at the moment, hehe...and nobody has voted for them yet: C. Orientalis :happy:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1