green fungus

hanniebumblebee

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Display Name
hannie bee
Miso is literally dying i think i don't know what to do... the fungus has turned browny green, he hasn't eaten in 4 weeks..... he is in the fridge and I'm salt bathing him but he doesn't seem to be getting better it just keeps getting worse. please can someone help me. Im dreading opening the fridge and him being dead im so scared.

Hi Hannie.

Your Miso seems be ill alot. Your name and his/hers seemed familiar so I looked up the posts you created. Going as far back as July 2008 you had a fairly ill axie.

Going back at least a week - Miso was ill and it was recommended you fridge him/her for at least 2 weeks AND stop feeding minnows.

But in your most recent post you say Miso has been in the fridge for 2 days.

Miso can not get well if you don't follow the advice here. Miso needs proper food. Minnows are not a complete diet and not even what an axolotl would eat consistently in the wild. Minnows are not part of a complete diet for an axolotl either.

IF Miso is a year old then bloodworms are not enough - earthworms and pellets are the best nutritional choices. Don't get me wrong. I feed my full grown axies bloodworms, home bred guppies, & blackworms in addition to their regular diet.

Why are you not fridging Miso as recommended? Forum members are also asking for pictures. Those would be hugely helpful in determining what exactly is wrong with your axolotl.

If I misunderstood any of the posts I'm sorry. We all want to help but we need more from you.
My heart goes out to you & Miso.

Hi Hannie.

Sharon is right. While we all wish the best for Miso, there are expertes on this forum who can't help you unless you regularly interact with them. Take the advice you've been given, do anything to provide a couple of photos because a blind diagnosis isn't easy.

All the best.

Cheers, Mike.:cool:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back