Hi from Australia

axiewhisperer

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Display Name
Elle
Hi all,

Today marks my second day as a member here and I thought I would say hello.

I have two axolotls, a leucistic named Kasper and a melanoid named Wesley. I have had Kasper since he was a baby in September last year and he (he is actually a she but we got her before her 'bits' developed and it's been hard to break the habit!) is now about 17 centimetres long.

I got Wesley a few weeks ago, he is about the same size as Kasper but a bit thinner. Wesley is definitely a boy. ;)

I was on the phone to my dad before, and I walked past the tank and saw Wesley smiling his little chubby faced smile at me (Wesley appears to have several 'chins'), and I began to coo "Oh look at you, you cute little axie waxie" etc... To which my father groaned and said, "This is what comes of your mother never letting you keep pets"... My partner has also remarked that he wishes I spoke as nicely to him as I do to my axolotls!

In all seriousness, I am very fond of my axie friends. I love their little personalities... Kasper is a very friendly axolotl and he is always after food. If I stand at the tank, sometimes he gets a bit excited and tries to bite the glass. Wesley is very laid back, he does everything sloooowly.

When I am not swearing eternal love and devotion to axolotls, I work full-time and do uni full-time. I live in Surfers Paradise in Queensland with my partner and Wesley and Kasper. I am 20.

So that's my story... very pleased to meet you all!

Hi there!

Welcome to the site.

We're looking forward to seeing photos of Kasper and Wesley - we just love photos here ;).

Thanks!

So nice to have a place to come for helpful advice from friendly people. And of course to see the gorgeous axolotls!

AW!! Great intro! HI & Welcome & be sure to get some pictures up soon!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back