My New Babies!

kCm

Reaction score
Country
United States
My little juvie axies arrived today and they are settling in their home as we speak.

3528887996_d30e939e21.jpg

3528076213_8ae7e0df1c.jpg

3528887952_18b2469ed6.jpg

they are so precious. as of now they don't have names...I was waiting to see their if their personalities before I decide. Right now my Wild type is they more outgoing and my Leucistic is shy. I will post more pictures of their setup later. Any imput is welcome!!

Very pretty! Those are the colors I want too!
Looking forward to more pictures :]

Until then, can you describe what you've got going on in the tank on the bottom?
Black sand? Clear stones? Can't tell what the larger stone is.
Where did you get it all? I love how it looks!

WOW sooo beautiful!
Congratulations

Mel

Wildtypes and leucistics always look so photogenic.

Have you considered participating in the calendar competition?

Beautiful! Lovely axies!!

Wildtypes and leucistics always look so photogenic.

Have you considered participating in the calendar competition?

You should! Great idea Jacq!
They are really very good pictures.

Thank you everyone for you kind comments! My axies seem to be adjusting nicely. I am a but concerned about the Leucistic, he/she has been hiding most of the day, but I suppose it could be from the stress of travel and a new home.

Very pretty! Those are the colors I want too!
Looking forward to more pictures :]

Until then, can you describe what you've got going on in the tank on the bottom?
Black sand? Clear stones? Can't tell what the larger stone is.
Where did you get it all? I love how it looks!

My substrate is Black sand and there are large clear rocks in the tank.

Here is a picture of my setup (this is before I got my little monsters)
3388681648_c3d3e78473.jpg

I have since changed my air stone to a smaller one as well as changed the current of my filter.

I do have one question for you all:
My axies haven't eaten yet, when should I become concerned about their appetites? They were fed salmon pellets which I do have already in the tank.

It looks great! Where did you get the granite looking hideys? I love them!

I don't know why I like it so much, it looks natural but pretty modern at the same time. I was thinking black gravel too, but wasn't sure how it would look, but, I see it looks pretty dang good :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice photos.Cute little axies,and that's a great set up.:happy:

Very lovely, little axies. The leucistic on the first photo looks so beutiful - I´m in love - I´m melting like ice in the sunshine. :love:

What kind of fishes are swimming in the tank?

-Tina-

Thank you everyone for you kind comments! My axies seem to be adjusting nicely. I am a but concerned about the Leucistic, he/she has been hiding most of the day, but I suppose it could be from the stress of travel and a new home.

My substrate is Black sand and there are large clear rocks in the tank.

Here is a picture of my setup (this is before I got my little monsters)
3388681648_c3d3e78473.jpg

I have since changed my air stone to a smaller one as well as changed the current of my filter.

I do have one question for you all:
My axies haven't eaten yet, when should I become concerned about their appetites? They were fed salmon pellets which I do have already in the tank.

Your axolotl may be hiding from that harsh light.
Do you have it on all day?
Nice looking all in all...
:love:

It looks great! Where did you get the granite looking hideys? I love them!

I don't know why I like it so much, it looks natural but pretty modern at the same time. I was thinking black gravel too, but wasn't sure how it would look, but, I see it looks pretty dang good :p

They are reptile caves, one of which I purchased through a dealer we buy from at work, The other I got from Petsmart.

Very lovely, little axies. The leucistic on the first photo looks so beutiful - I´m in love - I´m melting like ice in the sunshine. :love:

What kind of fishes are swimming in the tank?

-Tina-

I had Rosies in the tank just to get my cycle going. They have been removed. I didn't want them picking at my little babies.

Your axolotl may be hiding from that harsh light.
Do you have it on all day?
Nice looking all in all...
:love:

Nope. I only turn it on the light for the later portion of the day and sometimes night. During the morning hours and afternoon, I let natural light do it's job.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back