Hi from the UK

gary1621

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening everyone :D

My name is Gary and I finally decided to join your forum... for myself i might add as over the past few weeks i have been joining forums to do research for both my brother with his beardies and boa and my dad for his new yemen chameleon. This one is for me :D

I am really interested in getting a couple of Axolotl's... i have wanted one since i was this big ( raises hand to about 2 foot :p) We were in a pet shop and i saw a wild type in a tank and was wow'd

I've been reading posts on here for a while now, taking in as much as i can from all your experiences and I think i'm now closer to actually deciding on getting a couple.

I want to say a big thank you for all your threads and the nice 'family' feel this place has. There is no negativity, which is so refreshing!

I will keep you updated with my developments and will be asking questions

Gary

Hi & Welcome Gary!! Axies are just so enjoyable!

Thanks for the welcome... i cant wait to find that out for myself :D

I love your quote! :D

Hi Gary
Welcome!

I'm pretty new to axolotls myself
I have 11 babies that are about 3 months old.
They are soooo addictive tho, you'll soon be thinking 'i reckon we could get rid of the sofa and just sit on the floor in the living room, which'll make space for another axolotl tank' (i really thought this lol didn't go down well with the other half tho!!)

Mel

Thank you for your welcomes :D

Hahaha, get rid of the sofa, i would love to see the reaction i would get at home!

A member kindly remembered my post about looking for some eggs to raise up and sent me a link about where I could get some so...

I currently have 9 little babies :D

PeanutMay21st001.jpg

They'd already hatched in the post and out of the 21 sent 9 of them were alive.

Keep your fingers crossed for me :D

Wow, that is dedication Gary, taking on babies straight away, I was too cowardly..think I would enjoy it now though.

Good luck to you and your little ones :D

Zoe x

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back