sending newts and salamanders.

EdsExotics

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Display Name
Edward Rafferty
Does anyone know if its legal to send newts and salamanders through the mail?, and if it is can anyone tell me the best and most reliable service to use? I live in the UK. I know the right method to send them I just want to know if its legal.
Thanks.

Ed

Last edited by a moderator:
So then there is no way I would be able to send someone a newt or salamander, who lived to far away for me to meet??

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for that website it seems like a really good place to buy amphibians and supplies from. but i want to know how i can send a newt to someone myself. i have a friend who lives to far away for me to travel and ive heard its illegal to send it through the post. so im just wondering how im going to be able to do it.

You could try a courier service, I don't think they are governed by the same rules as Royal Mail, but don't quote me on it!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back