Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Hiya :)

Lacey

Reaction score
Well, I've been on here before, but sadly ive forgotten my username and password, so i made a new one. I searched my old name and seen that people had replied to my posts thanks so much for that! Well, I have on axolotl named missy, Im extremely fond of her. She's doing great, the only thing is, about 8 months ago, she lost her foot, i really have no idea how it happened, there was nothing in the tank that it could have got stuck on, and i couldnt find it afterwards. So anyway, does anyone know how long it takes for them to come back? i read 6 months, but its been longer than that. I know if she was ill, it would take longer, but there is really not one thing i can tell wrong with her, the water if perfectly fine, ive done all tests, she gets fed a varied diet, she's always very active, plays all the time, and has a great character. so its got me kind of stumped. It would be great if anyone could tell me stories of theirs or any advice at all. I dont have any pictures just now, ive lost my pc connecter, but if i can find my card reader i'll have some on a memory card, ill upoad as soon as i can. i have some of her when she was just a young baby, ill put them up also.
Thanks
Lacey & Missy :)

Judojack5

Reaction score
hey, I know i said i'd try to help on the chat but I don't have any experience with axolotls or newts or salamanders. i mainly just keep dart frogs, sorry

Lacey

Reaction score
hey, I know i said i'd try to help on the chat but I don't have any experience with axolotls or newts or salamanders. i mainly just keep dart frogs, sorry

Oh, its okay, thanks anyway. Hopefully someone will be able to help

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1