Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Who have you met?

Kaysie

Site Contributor
Reaction score
Famous Herpers? Other Caudata.org members? Generally cool herp-people?

I have met:
C.org members
-Justin (Greatwtehunter)
-Dawn (otterwoman)
-Jaymes (axologic_Jaymes)
-Chad (gregarious)
-Justin #2 (JBherpin)
-Ed Kowalski
-Urmat
-Andrew (I'm not sure what his name is here, but he's a co-founding member of the Michigan State University Herp Club too)
-JP (Monarchzman, same as Andrew)
-Jim (JT3_powder, or something stupid like that. lol. He doesn't post, just lurks. He's also my designated herp sitter)
-Morg
-Jeff (big_gandalf, who unfortunately no longer posts)
-Jake
-Chip
-Abrahm
-Eva
-Johnny (Who treated me to the best burger in Nebraska, and maybe the greater Midwest)

Non c.org members, but generally cool anyway:
-Rupert, from Survivor. He was a guest speaker at the Indy Herp Symposium a few years ago.
-Whit Gibbons (of SREL, on a friend's graduate committee)
-Tell Hicks (an amazing artist, and good friends with Theresa)
-Theresa Moran (a good friend of Jim, above)
-Jim Harding (awesome guy. Advisor for the MSU herp club, although I still can't convince him he likes axolotls)
-Al Holman (Paleoherpetologist)
-Bob Ashley

Last edited:

michael

2010 Research Grant Donor
Reaction score
The oddest herper I met was a guy I saw at a Hamburg Reptile show. It was Bobby Steele from the Misfits.

Jake

Reaction score
-Audrey Fogle
-"herb"
-"crazyfishlady"
-"Axologic_Jaymes" James Hang
-"frogme"- John Pirc
-"cichlidjedi"
-"mantighoul" AnnMarie Genovese
-David Finkle (The Newtist)
-"velasco13000"
-"Herb" Zach Klatt

And a few others that I'm forgetting, never told me their names or wouldn't want to be associated with me:D

Last edited:

Kurt

Reaction score
Jeff Corwin - Animal Planet and former NEHS member
Dr Jack Horner - Famous paleontologist and technical adviser on Jurassic Park. I met him at Harvard University.
Kevin McCurley - Breeder of ball and reticulated pythons, published author, owner of NERD. I have known Kevin for over twenty years now.
Richard Carr - formerly of Family Feud and Home Improvement. Met him at in a hotel lobby in KC, MO a few years back.

I don't think I have met anyone from Caudata.org, as I have only been here for a few days now. I have not scanned the members list to see if I know anybody yet.

Azhael

Site Contributor
Reaction score
I´ve only met Mario García-Paris...he gave me a great lesson on the at the time new taxonomy for european caudates though.

Jacquie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I haven't as yet met anyone from Caudata.Org. I am quite determined to make this a goal in life however, as Kaysie's lasagne is not to be denied ;).

I met Harry Butler once when I was a child, and it was his books (In the Wild with Harry Butler -Parts One & Two) which kickstarted my interest in our native fauna, especially snakes.

SludgeMunkey

Reaction score
No one from here yet...however I am certain that will change in the near future.

Had a couple of beers with Glen Danzig and his wife during ComiCon San Diego a few years back.

Drank at the pub daily with Jeff, the drummer from Buck O' Nine , Mario Escovedo of The Dragons, Barefoot Steve Tauge of various bands, and Buddy Blue of the Beat Farmers.

My topper is, while working as a bouncer, I got to throw Jason Mraz out into the street quite a few times. That guy is a lousy drunk...;)

michael

2010 Research Grant Donor
Reaction score
Dick Bartlett
Frank Indiviglio
Jerry Walls
William Duellman *
Mark Staniszweski *
Linda Trueb *
Kevin Wright
Ed Kowaski
Ed Moyer
Paris Reilley
Jennifer Macke
Bill Yanone
Hank Walleys
Erik Keyster
Apples
Barry Sherin
Oz
Tracy Hicks
Ed Smith
Alejandro Carrillo
Gary Chamberlain
Chip Reeves
Chip Blackburn
John Daley *
Chris Gagnon
Don Lipscomb
Justin's mother and father
a bunch of people I didn't remember
AND DAWN!!
(* indicates they would have no recollection of meeting me)

Last edited by a moderator:

Nathan050793

Reaction score
I haven't yet met anyone from C.org...though I should probably get on that. I'd certainly like to meet a few particular individuals.

On a non-herping note, I've met Bill Nye the Science Guy. Not a very cheery fellow off-screen.

Jennewt

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Do phone calls count:confused:

I may be the only person with the meritorious distinction of having met someone in person who has been banned from Caudata.org, Josh 'no-shift-key' Richards.

I've also met in person:
Al Cadavero (who hasn't been seen here in years - come back Al!)
Michael Shrom
Pin-pin Wei ('Apples')
Ed Kowalski
Dick and Patricia Bartlett
Paris Reilley
Chris Gagnon
Henk Wallays
Tim Johnson
Dave Nash

Last edited:

John

Founder
Staff member
Reaction score
Wow Jen, you have never met Nate?? I'd very much like to meet you but I'm not sure I can stomach the 12 hour drive :(.

Jake

Reaction score
Do phone calls count:confused:

I'm may be the only person with the meritorious distinction of having met someone in person who has been banned from Caudata.org,
If phone calls count I've talked to:
Jennifer Macke, Michael Shrom, Ray Martins (Radtad), John Clare's voicemail, Leonard Giordano (Saltycity), Nathan Swanson (Swanny's exotics), Kaysie and a few others I can't think of.

I have also met a person that was banned (maybe a few times?) from the site, but I'd rather not say his name and start drama.

John

Founder
Staff member
Reaction score
If phone calls count I've talked to:
Jennifer Macke, Michael Shrom, Ray Martins (Radtad), John Clare's voicemail, Leonard Giordano (Saltycity), Nathan Swanson (Swanny's exotics), Kaysie and a few others I can't think of.

I have also met a person that was banned (maybe a few times?) from the site, but I'd rather not say his name and start drama.

If we're doing phone calls then these are people I've only ever spoken to on the phone:

Jennifer Macke
Travis Dimler
Travis Summers
Pin-pin Apples
Ester (remember Ester?)
Paris
Mark Aartse-Tuyn

In fact I'm game for calling anyone really - I have free phone calls to most places in die Welt.

Last edited:

Jennewt

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If phone calls count I've talked to... John Clare's voicemail...

Ah, the fond memories I have of my conversations with John Clare's voicemail:lol:

John

Founder
Staff member
Reaction score
Jen does that mean you need some John time? Just say the word and I'll call.

SUZY

Reaction score
I to have had phone conversations with a few.
Aquatic Dave
Jacob Bidinger
Michael Shrome
Shaye
Hope to meet some of YA'LL sometime !!
Thank's to caudata, I have a few friends, with common intrests !!!

Kaysie

Site Contributor
Reaction score
Jake did talk to me on the phone. But he was seriously groggy. So he doesn't remember hearing Justin, Jaymes, and Dawn in the background yelling at him.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1