Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Handicap Axolotls

Neotenic_Jaymes

Reaction score
I have 2 Axolotls I just adopted from a close friend. My friend noticed that these 2 Axolotls didn't use their back legs. One of the individuals has a real bad deformity of the legs. Its legs are growing crossing each other. Its good that these guys still have use of their front limbs, and all their other senses seem to be there. Don't fret these guys eat like monsters and seem to be very healthy. These guys are special and very keen. I want to show everyone that even if an Axolotl has a defect it can still overcome it. Here are the pics!

Attachments

• picture-1.php.jpg
    picture-1.php.jpg
    203.3 KB · Views: 343
  • picture-2.php.jpg
    picture-2.php.jpg
    193.7 KB · Views: 244
  • picture-3.php.jpg
    picture-3.php.jpg
    195.4 KB · Views: 408

Jake

Reaction score
I bought a bunch of terribly inbred axolotls that had legs like that from a breeder in Chicago. Surprisingly, even though the females' legs crossed over their cloacas, they were still able to pick up spermatophore, but then laid eggs in clumps on their feet!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!