Warning colors

Thank you! I didn't but a handful of individual words but it was a fascinating video!

Too cool! Thanks for posting.

Travis

Hey,
What did she say about the snake not reacting to the colour of the alpine newt?

Cheers,
Jesper

The images are beautiful but the information is incredibly flawed. Half of what they say it utter rubbish.

She says exactly that...that the snake does not see the colours of the alpine newts as signs of danger, which is obviously not true...The fact that the snake eats it has nothing to do with lack of conspicuous coloration...Natrix natrix even predates on S.salamandra.

Amazing to watch! This is the most video I have gotten to see on the species.

Very good, I love how the forg (not sure what type) looks like it covers it's eyes so cute!

Very good. I enjoyed the live birth scene most.

Very good, I love how the forg (not sure what type) looks like it covers it's eyes so cute!

If I'm not mistaken it's a yellow bellied toad. (bombina variegata)

Very nice images. Too bad I can hardly understand a word she's saying.

I noticed it seemed to leave behind it's body imprint in toxic excretions. It looked like a gray slime trail in the form of the frog just before it leaps away. I loved the live birth scene and wondered how they got the camera in there so close. I also loved how the frog covers it's eyes too. That was cute!

I did not understand much but maybe a handful of words, but it was very nice and I really appreciated the video. Thanks for posting!

Last edited:
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back