Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

zoo med aquatic newt food

michael

2010 Research Grant Donor
Reaction score
I picked up some free samples of the zoo med aquatic newt food. On my recommendation they made it soft moist. I fed it to some ribbed newts. japanese firebellys, and axolotls and they loved it. It looks, smells, and has ingredients strikingly similar to Rangen soft moist salmon pellets. I think it would be a good alternative to salmon pellets (If you can call something that might be the same thing an alternative). Anyhow it appears it will be readily available in many pet shops.

Jennewt

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds promising. Since you seem to have some influence here, can you find out if it really is the same thing?

michael

2010 Research Grant Donor
Reaction score
Sounds promising. Since you seem to have some influence here, can you find out if it really is the same thing?

I went down the list of ingredients and it is identical to Rangen soft moist salmon pellets. I'll ask the guy from ZooMed the next time I see him but it almost has to be the same thing as salmon pellets.

Jennewt

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe you can also suggest that they sell the large Rangen pellets as axolotl food;)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!