Greetings..Tiger Salamander Person Here

Doubleduty

Reaction score
Country
United States
Greetings Newts and Salamander Peeps :D

I'm Karen and I'm from Colorado. I have 4 Tiger Salamanders that we "rescued" from our window well before they drowned last summer when we had a down pour. I never in my wildest dreams thought I would fall in love with these little guys. They are so cute and so interesting to watch. However, I come to this board because the littlest of the four is not doing well. But I will post on the appropriate place on this sight about "Blacky's" condition :sad: This is a great site of what I have seen so far. I've attached two pictures. One is Spot putting him arm around Luigi :p when we first rescued them, and the other is a picture I took today of my little sick Blacky. His face is a bit dirty because he just tried to burrow in the dirt. I hope to meet some of you soon. (This is my third attempt to post so "threes a charm" as they say...)

Attachments

• BUDDIES.jpg
    BUDDIES.jpg
    204.3 KB · Views: 1,571
  • SIDE BLACKY.jpg
    SIDE BLACKY.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 550
Hello Karen and welcome to the forum,

great looking tigers you have there, they look so cute!!! I can't wait to read more from you and help out with Blacky.

Thanks ...is it Eve? :happy: I'm still trying to figure out where to post my "help with sick salamander" post. Thanks for being friendly and welcoming!

You're welcome!!!

You can post in the Newt and Salamander Help section. Start a new thread just like you did in the introduction section. The more detail you'll give the easier it will be for us to help out. We will most likely need to know the size tank the tigers are in, what substrate you use and what diet they are fed.

Oh and yes it is Eve :)

Hahaha! One of my tigers is named Luigi too! How weird.

Welcome to the forum.

Are you a Mario Bros fan? That is why one is named Luigi because my boys LOVE Mario video games and one of my sons named one after Luigi his favorite character.

Oh yeah, original NES!

I usually don't name animals, but one of the tigers was named (by someone else) Gordy (el Gordo), so I figured i had to name the other one. He's blind, and kind of bug-eyed. I thought Luigi fit well.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back