Is it legal to sell/buy Axolotls in U.S.??

seagoat

Reaction score
Country
United States
Where do i get an axolotl??? Are they expensive?? i am just a silly fish keeper please help me evolve!:D

Check the ads on this site.

I know it is illegal in California. I live in Pennsylvania, it is rare to find them in my state, however not illegal, (i've only found one ever). I usually go to new york to buy mine as they seem very abundant in pet stores.

I sell lots of them to pet stores in NY. Where are you at in Pa? I'm near Harrisburg.

Haha I actually live about an hour north of Pittsburgh. I e-mailed you about your post selling axolotl juveniles a couple days ago (twice) but you never got back to me. No hard feelings but if you still have any that you are looking to sell please let me know. I cant find any around the pittsburgh area.

I live in ny, is there a chance I could purchase an axolotl? Are you still selling?

It's kind of the off season but I have a few left. Shoot me an email and I'll send you a price list.
shrommj@ptd.net

Woah, woah, woah. There are a lot of them in NY pet stores?

This would almost be worth tolerating a weekend of my relatives for.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back