Pedro the Axolotl

Greg31

Reaction score
Country
United States
Just thought I would unveil my axolotl. I have been posting alot in the last couple weeks with lots of questions and finally recieved Pedro Thursday. Here are some pics! He is starting to get active and loves the backside of the tank. He loves just running back and forth.

pedro1.jpgpedro2.jpgpedro3.jpg

That's one cute axolotl! He (or she ;)) has such lovely markings.

Thanks, hopefully I made a good choice in name for the future when i can sex him.

Hi Greg

Great looking axolotl and habitat. What kind of rocks do you have in there, they look really cool.

its a hollow log from petsmart. He likes hanging out in there every now and then.

Some more. The second one is after he swam for around 10 minutes then rested on a stem at top of tank. Thought it was pretty cool.

ax4.jpgax5.jpg

He looks really healthy, and really cute. The second picture of ur last post is cool. Sweet chillin on a lil' stick :p

Looks good! I love their cute little faces. They're the one salamander I totally don't mind being anthropomorphic.

Thought I would update with a picture i thought was cool. By the way i fed him his first beef heart. He got so excited he nearly bit my finger off!

Looks like he is dancing.

pedro.jpg

Thought I would update with a picture i thought was cool. By the way i fed him his first beef heart. He got so excited he nearly bit my finger off!

Looks like he is dancing.

View attachment 7295
Aw! One of my axies does that as well; I think he's trying to see if I have any food for him.
How big is he (or she)? Looks about the same size as my axolotls.

Wow, great colour! He looks almost leopard print...you may have a punk-rock axie on your hands...

:D

Zoe x

What a cute"cheesy" grin. Pedro looks like he's posing for the camera. I like your setup. I've looked at the resin logs at the stores but wasn't sure if I'd like them. They look great, so I'll have to save my pennies!:happy:

Great Axie! His colors are quite amazing. but i really like longer gills on axolotls and this ones got that covered. It seems very active. mine just drags his belly around occasionally. Whats the aquarium set up?

size?....Lighting?....Plants?....Filter?

Congrats.

Thanks alot. I have seem to come to love Pedro. Being my first axie and putting up with my inexperience has made me love him even more. He is in a 15g tank, have sand, java moss and plant i dont know about. Hollow log from petsmart and ghost shrimp. He has power flow 10 filter i believe. I love him/her.

Will keep posting pics if people are interested BTW!!

I know I'm interested. I love the decor and might try to emulate it the next time I rennovate my tank. Very cool.

Thought I would post this new picture.

axie 1.jpg

Also I realize I started this thread in probably the wrong board. Can someone move it to the Axolotl Gallery board?

Though I would note, I am very happy I took pictures of when i first got him, because I almost forgot how small he/she used to be. He/she is nearly 6 inches long and has a head possibly wider than an inch.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back