Pacman Tank

bluez3023

Reaction score
Country
United States
Just got a new tank, Temp 82, Humidity 70%, chlorine free water. Does everything look okay?

P1011541.jpg

P1011538.jpg

Looks good. I would add a lot more plants though.

Thanks, It was suggested that I added plothos, but i dont know where to buy them right now. also is there anyway to sex it besides waiting for croaking? Im guessing its young....

couple more pics

P1011549.jpg

P1011548.jpg

P1011542.jpg

YOu can buy pothos at lot of stores. I have seen it for sale at wal-mart , k-mart , supermarkets lowes , home depot , and a million other places. It is a very common house plant that is very hardy. I bought a big potted hanging one at wal-mart for around 12 bucks. I have been taking pieces off and planting them and now I have alot.

good to know, I might look in home depot today

Frogs are for the most part only sexable by calling. There are a few species that have dimorphic quirks, but I don't know enough about pacmans to say if they do. They're a little hard to breed, I remember there was an article in Reptiles magazine a few months back. If you wanted to get fancy, you could order plants from here:
springvalleytropicals.com
Antone, the owner, is a great guy and the plants are amazing, rare and exotic, as well as suprisingly cheap. Maybe not for this tank, but definitely look into that kind of thing down the road. Naturalistic vivariums can be rewarding to make and amazing to look at.

What kind of lid are you using? I used a glass panel that covered about 3/4 of the tank for mine, and put a screen over the rest (mainly to keep bugs out). This kept the temp and humidity pretty high without having to do anything really special to it.

just a normal screen lid, the temp and humidity hover around 70-80

quick question again, Hypnos (named him) hasn't eaten since Sunday when he had 3 crickets and a nightcrawler. Is this normal or did he eat too much?

I just gotta say, your Pacman looks really nice. Did you name it Hypnos after Hypno Toad from Futurama?

All Glory to the Hypnotoad

1232904062_hypno%20toad.gif

hypno toad and the greek god of sleep

but yeah he still hasnt eaten i tried crickets, waxworms, and nightcrawlers and still no luck

pics are from the last time he ate which was like 2 weeks ago

Attachments

• P1011552.jpg
    P1011552.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 3,738
  • P1011569.jpg
    P1011569.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 7,558
  • P1011581.jpg
    P1011581.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 1,467
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back