Latest pictures of the boys.

Kerry1968

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Here are some photos I took today.

I have finally managed to set up a light in my tank, so perhaps my plants will grow rather than die this time! The plus side is I can get better pictures of the axies (discovering macro setting on my camera helps too!)

The two axies facing each other are Stumpy on the left and Maxi, they are both about 6 or 7 inches long and are 8 months old. The other rather handsome chap is their Dad Lexi.

I have a few more photos in my album if you feel like taking a look, thanks.

Oh, just a thought before anyone worries, Lexi has always held his gills in the forward position, well, when active he does, I think it's just 'his way'!

Attachments

• latest 124.jpg
    latest 124.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 256
  • latest 121.jpg
    latest 121.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 225
  • latest 133.jpg
    latest 133.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 198
Last edited:
Wow, Nice Axolotls I particularly like the first picture they look like glowing ghosts:D

Beautiful looking axolotls, I like the long lush gills

aww so cute. i am seeing a lot of pictures of other peoples axies, ahh i can not wait to get mine.:D

Hiya,
They are marvelous! happy, healthy axies.

They are cute! They are very photogenic.
I think your painted background works great with the driftwood also.

Ooooh I just might be completely fickle, and change my favorite type to leucistic :D.

They are gorgeous, Kerry!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back