Bellabelloo

Julia
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
England
Display Name
Julia
I just ambled past the axolotl tank and came across this...just had to share with you all. Left to right is Bruce, his father Jeffrey and then the lovely Captain .

Attachments

• axo 060.jpg
    axo 060.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 345
  • axo 064.jpg
    axo 064.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 283
Last edited:
Lovely pictures, I love the gold speckles on Jeffrey. Were they waiting for dinner?

Hi Julia,

Great looking axolotls, an axie stack is such a beautiful thing.

They are in a constant state of starvation at the moment...poor little things. They had been fed two worms each less than an hour ago...I am being bullied by axolotl !!

wow, great axies beautiful colours, cant wait to mine become juggernauts like those, I would not like to be small goldfish in a tank with those 3 predators :D

Aww how lovely to see your axies so happily together. Its a pity its missing ahem "Princess". Maddie must still be pining for Princess.

They all look beautiful Julia, Bruce looks like he's made of velvet, Jeffrey looks like an Aztec king and Captain looks like an angel :D

Glad Captain's settled in so well - he can't have been out of quarantine long?

Zo x

How gorgeous! I love when they are all together or stacked up like that. Makes for perfect family portraits

Good to see The General has settled in with his new tank mates ...even if he has been demoted to Captain :)

Wow! Jeffery is beautiful! As are Bruce and The Captain, but wow! How would you describe his colouring? He's so pretty! :dizzy:

Oh No!!!! Trust me to get the name wrong :eek:...I had an awful time trying to persuade Mads to keep his name to something masculine.
I ended up putting him in with Jeffrey and Bruce a little sooner than I aimed to as I was having trouble keeping him cool during the hot spell. The three of them are frequently lurking together at feed time, as soon as food is immanent they move apart . He has settled in extremely well, he seems to be the calm mature influence the other 2 needed!!!.
I have just heard from my friend who re-homed another of Jeffrey's offspring ( I had named him Rogue...survived outside.etc etc!!) . Looks like I am axolotl sitting for a few weeks. Will be posting a pic of him/ her when it arrives!

Awwwww.They are sooo cute and lovely. Gorgeous axies.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back