Photo: Caught in action!

sharelkaye

Reaction score
Country
United States
MY female is at the moment laying more eggs. Before this I didn't see any spermaphores, but there is eggs. I have two males and a female in the tank, so I don't know who the father is. The eggs always come out white, even though some babies come out wild type. Well anyway here is the picture of her caught in the act of laying eggs.

Attachments

• DSC_0598.jpg
    DSC_0598.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 1,589
  • DSC_0595.jpg
    DSC_0595.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 2,796
  • DSC_0594.jpg
    DSC_0594.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 501
The way the photos were taken lend a mysterious, intriguing yet dark feel to the shots. I like them. Its quite surreal and artistic looking.

Wow! What great luck to have been at the right place at the right time...and to have had the photos come out in focus! Most excellent job.:happy:

Thank you for sharing!

It must be because I'm male...These great pictures of the process instill the same uncomfortable feeling I had when my kids were born...;)

In the immortal words of Filter: "Hey (wo)man, Nice Shot!(s)" :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back