Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Question: Ghost shrimp

sophieaxolotl

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone knew where I could buy live ghost shrimp in Geelong?
Please help. I want to see what my axie Milly will do.

thanks
-Soph:rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:

Markw

Reaction score
Walmart. Almost all LFS will carry them too. Petco, Petsmart, anywhere really. Make sure you quarentine first.

Mark

dr34mr

Reaction score
Hey Sophie,

Just wondering how you went with the Ghost Shrimp.

I just ordered some Cherry Shrimp (The red ones) from my aquarium shop. I called a couple of places, but they were the first who would get them in. I would just try calling around, you'll find a shop eventually. I also saw them online but i wanted to get them from a shop.

Are you going to use a separate breeding tank, or just putting them in your normal tank?

Last edited by a moderator:

Markw

Reaction score
Ghost shrimp are notoriously difficullt to breed in captivity, I hear. They need brackish waters to breed and wont do so without, I hear. Cheryr shrimp are quite prolific, on the other hand.

Mark

dr34mr

Reaction score
If you want me to send you the link the place i saw them online let me know. I'll send you a PM.

P.S. Jacquie: Sorry for the 'illegal' link.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1