Say hello to aztec my new axolotl.

scrappa

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Display Name
Drew
Aztec is about 3.5 inches long now and is a wild type but im curious what colours he will turn into when he becomes adult.

Please give me feedback on him :wacko:

Attachments

• DSC_0013.jpg
    DSC_0013.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 458
  • DSC_0002.jpg
    DSC_0002.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 509
  • DSC_0012.jpg
    DSC_0012.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 497
If you have seen my post "Pedro the axolotl". Pedro looks very similar to Aztec! Kind of cool. Where did you get him?

I don't think he'll change colour much ...a very pretty little wild type axolotl.

If you have seen my post "Pedro the axolotl". Pedro looks very similar to Aztec! Kind of cool. Where did you get him?

I got him from a shop that is only in my little town ilfracombe called melian pet supplies they can order in a HUGE selection of colours and sizes so i asked for a 3inch gray-brown wild type and its what i got :p

Hey all,

I have renamed my axolotl the one and only... MINIZILLER

I saw him doing a godzilla like impression by standing on his back legs and yawning it looked like godzilla :hat:.

yeah its hilarious when they do that:happy:

Hi,

Any ideas why he just sits in the area with plants and coconut shell in it?

I removed the plants walling it off and he didnt go over the line where they used to be he just sat and looked over it.

I only got the pic with his whole body because i had just put him in the tank like 20 secs before and he was a bit scared so didnt move i think.

Any ideas why he just sits in the area with plants and coconut shell in it?

Cause axolotls tend to be lazy by nature. It's completely normal for him to be acting like that, all he is doing is seeking shelter to make himself feel safe.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back