Saw this axie in a pet show

dr34mr

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Display Name
Phil
I thought he was pretty cool looking, so i took a few pics.
His eyes were really blue, but i'm not sure if that was result of the purple-ish lighting.

Attachments

• DSC00189.jpg
    DSC00189.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 345
  • DSC00190.jpg
    DSC00190.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 307
Hes a melanoid axie, I used to have one similar called Nero Gilly. Their eyes seem to reflect blue in bright light for some reason.

I havn't seen a colour like that before. Sort of purple. Looks cool.

Yeah I saw black ones in an aquarium under strong lights they get an interesting purple tinge you don't get in bright light. My black ones actually greenish and speckled in bright light but I never see it because my rooms fairly dim. :happy:

Attachments

• out of rock s.jpg
    out of rock s.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 230
I thought the black was cool, but it was the eyes which got me. They were blue, which i had not seen on an axie before.

My girlfriend thinks its funny that when i walk up to an axie in a tank, they normally they look up and smile at me. In reality it is probably because i have red hair, and so they can actually see me moving around (even with their poor eyesite).

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back