The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

Introductions Area Where new members introduce themselves.

Old 4th August 2009   #1
hixxxy

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: hixxxy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hey guys n gals

Hey, my name is Chris and i live in the Liverpool area but am currently at university at Bristol studying chemistry. I currently own no salamanders/newts/amphibians however I am looking at getting an axolotl or two.

Would anyone be able to recommend someone/somewhere I would be able to get an axolotl from (I would much rather get through a person or store rather than order online - that seems a bit odd to me).

Any help would be much appreciated.

My other interests are football and cricket; supporting Everton and Lancashire respectively. I also am a big fan of music and films.

Chris

hixxxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2009   #2
Justin
(Greatwtehunter)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 298
Comments: 24
Rep: Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11
Default Re: Hey guys n gals

Welcome to the forum. Here is a link to the UK For Sale Section, if I was you I would keep an eye on it and see if anyone close to your locaton is selling any axolotls.

Old 5th August 2009   #3
John
Founder

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 204
Comments: 118
Rep: John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)

Welcome to the site Chris. I did my PhD in Chemistry at the University of Bristol. I graduated in 2004.

Old 5th August 2009   #4
hixxxy

Nationality:

Who did you do your PhD under at Bristol?

Old 5th August 2009   #5
John
Founder

Nationality:
Rep: John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)

Tony Davis. Tell him you met me through "John Clare's newt site" - he'll get a giggle out of that.

Old 6th August 2009   #6
Critter Mom

Nationality:
Comments: 1
Rep: Critter Mom has given consistently good advice and informationCritter Mom has given consistently good advice and informationCritter Mom has given consistently good advice and information

Hello Chris, and welcome to the site! Looks like you are making friends already! :)

Have fun researching, and good luck on finding your axolotl.

Hope to see more of you around,
Critter Mom

Old 6th August 2009   #7
hixxxy

Nationality:

Tony Davis as in organic Prof. Anthony Davis?
Weird that, as I am just taking a revision break from his stereochemistry + conformation unit.

Old 6th August 2009   #8
John
Founder

Nationality:

The one and only. I keep in contact with him - he's one of the nicest professors going.

Tags
gals, guys, hey